GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL PROGRAMMES
A good first degree (at least a second class lower division) in a relevant field of study at the University of Ghana or any recognized University.
For more details in respect of Admission Requirements, applicants are advised to contact the implementing Department/School/Institute/Centre for additional information on the various programmes.
PROGRAMME- SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND OTHER DETAILS
- MA Public Affairs
A minimum of three years working experience in a private or a public sector is required from prospective applicants. Applicants must also pass an entrance examination and an interview.
- MA Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
Applicants for this programme must be people teaching English at the basic, secondary and tertiary levels.
- MSc in Accounting and Finance
Applicants must either hold a good first degree in any of the following areas: Accounting, Commerce and Finance or a Professional Accounting qualification.
Applicants with non-accounting (e.g. science, humanities etc.) degree may also be considered but they will be taken through access courses for a semester before they progress to the main programme.
- MSc in Financial Risk Management
Applicants must have background in any of the following areas: Finance, Risk Management, Insurance, Actuarial Science, Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics and Physics.
- MA in Contemporary English Studies
The programme is intended for persons in any field of study, including journalists, public relations personnel, business executives, teachers and public servants. You do not need a degree in English to apply.
- MSc. in GeoInformation Science
A minimum of three years working experience in the private or public sector is required from prospective applicants. Applicants must be computer literate and familiar with fundamentals of RS/GIS principles. Applicant may be required to also pass an interview.
- MSc. Actuarial Science
The programme is appropriate for individuals with strong mathematical aptitude, i.e. a formal background in mathematics, statistics and Economics, who wish to advance in the actuarial profession. It is also appropriate for those working as entry-level actuaries who wish to prepare for Actuarial Professional examinations within the context of a structured academic programme.
- MSc International Business: - Applicants with a minimum of second class lower degree from any background are eligible to apply. Selected professional qualification holders will also be admitted.
- MSc Clinical Leadership & Management: - Applicants with a minimum of second class lower degree from the following backgrounds; Doctors, Nurses, Midwives, Pharmacist, Laboratory/investigations Professionals, Biostatisticians, Biomedical Engineers, Housekeeping and all other professionals in the health sector.