SUB-DEGREE ADMISSIONS FOR THE 2022/2023 ACADEMIC YEAR
The University of Ghana announces for the information of the general public that applications are open for the admission of prospective applicants into its certificate and various Diploma programmes for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Available Sub-degree Programmes
- CERTIFICATE IN ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
Proficiency in English Language (For applicants from non-English speaking countries only)
Prospective applicants who are waiting for the declaration of their baccalaureate results may apply before the deadline. They need not wait for the declaration of their results before applying.
- DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Currently, the following Diploma programmes will only be run at the Accra, Kumasi and Tamale Learning Centres. Applicants should note that the distance learning is non-residential.
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in Public Administration
- Diploma in Librarianship
- Diploma in Adult Education
- Diploma in Youth and Development (CYP)
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and
- At least three (3) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization.
- Passes (A1-D7) in six (6) subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and
- Must possess a minimum of C6 in any three (3) of the passes relevant to the area of specialization.
Applicants who satisfy the above requirements can gain direct admission into the above mentioned Diploma programmes.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS
- All applications must be submitted ONLINE at http://admission.ug.edu.gh on the purchase of the University of Ghana application e-voucher.
- All applicants who have ever attended or graduated with Certificate/Diploma from the University of Ghana from 1996 to date should indicate their **STUDENT IDENTITY NUMBERS** on their application forms. The same number will be used in the intended programme of study, if admitted.
HOW TO APPLY
- GHANAIAN APPLICANTS RESIDENT IN GHANA
University of Ghana online applicationE-VOUCHERS can be obtained by Ghanaian applicants for GH¢200.00 at the following banks: Ecobank, HFC Bank, ADB, GCB Bank,Zenith Bank, Merchant Bank,UniBank, Prudential Bank, Universal Merchant Bank and Fidelity Bank, and follow the instruction given.After the application has been submitted on-line, the e-voucher should be kept in a safe place as it may be required by applicants when assessing their admission status at a later date.
- GHANAIANS APPLYING FROM ABROAD
Ghanaians applying from abroad should visit the University’s website at http://admission.ug.edu.ghand follow the instructions given.
All relevant certificates are to be scanned and attached to the online application form.All applicants are expected to pay to the University a non-refundable application processing fee of US$110.00.This fee can be paid directly or wire transferred into the University of Ghana ECOBANK Account. Details of the Account are:
Account Name: University of Ghana Foreign Students Fees
Account Number: 2441000716652
Bank Details: Ecobank Ghana Limited, Legon Branch
Or International Transfer through Ecobank (2441000716652 or 1441000716647)
Or Payment with Credit Card on the GT payment platform.
The pay-in-slips together with applicants’ certificates/result slips should be scanned and attached to the application form before submission online. The certificates/results slips should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application form.
Note that no application will be processed without proof of payment of the fee.
All Applicants Must Ensure that their Online Application is Correctly Filled and Submitted.
Applications for Diploma Programmes must be submitted until WAEC Results are released