- Ghanaian Nationals applying in Ghana
University of Ghana application e-voucher can be obtained by Ghanaian applicants for
GH¢ 200.00 at the following banks: Zenith Bank, Universal Merchant Bank, Ecobank, Republic Bank, Agricultural Development Bank, Ghana Commercial Bank and Fidelity Bank. Applicants should follow carefully the instructions on the voucher when completing the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.
Applicants who did not graduate from the University of Ghana must submit the
following documents online (Scan and Attach):
- Bachelors’ Degree Certificate and Transcript (for those applying for Masters’ Degree programmes)
- Masters’ Degree Certificate and Transcript (for those applying for PhD programmes)
- Three referees’ reports are required (provide the details of the referees online)
- PhD applicants should attach their Research Proposals to the application (Not more than Four pages)
The transcript should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application.
Applicants who graduated from this university should scan and attach only their certificates to their applications. NOTE THAT NO APPLICATION WILL BE PROCESSED WITHOUT THE CERTIFICATE. The originals will be required during interviews.
All applicants who graduated from the University of Ghana from 1996 to date should indicate their ‘STUDENT IDENTITY NUMBERS’ on their forms before submission.
- International Applicants and Ghanaians applying from Abroad
This category of applicants should use the following links to access the online application form for completion and submission:
All applicants are expected to pay to the University a non-refundable application processing fee of US$110.00. This fee can be paid directly or wire transferred into the UNIVERSITY OF GHANA ECOBANK ACCOUNT.
Details of the Account are:
All foreign students should make their payments as follows:
- Account Name: University of Ghana Fees Collection (FOREX) – For payments in Ghana
- Account Name: University of Ghana Fees Collection (FOREIGN) – For payments outside Ghana
Account No.: 0161094409780403; Swift Code: ECOCGHAC
The third payment option is-
- The Secure online payment platform using Visa Card and MasterCard. The link is https://www.ug.edu.gh/ugpay
The pay-in-slips together with applicants’ certificates and transcripts should be scanned and attached to the application form before submission. The transcript should be scanned into one PDF or WORD document and attached to the application.
Note that no application will be processed without proof of payment of the fee.
Cost of E-voucher
Ghanaians applying in Ghana GH¢ 200.00
International Applicants and Ghanaians applying from abroad US$110.00
All further enquiries should be sent to the addresses below:
The School Administrator
School of Graduate Studies
University of Ghana
ALL APPLICANTS MUST ENSURE THAT THEIR ON-LINE APPLICATIONS ARE CORRECTLY FILLED AND RECEIPT ACKNOWLEDGED ON SUBMISSION. ENSURE THAT CORRECT ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS ARE PROVIDED.YOU MUST ALSO PRINT AND KEEP A COPY OF THE APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED. THIS WOULD BE NEEDED DURING REGISTRATION IF ADMITTED AND FOR VERIFICATION PURPOSES. FINALLY, YOU ARE TO CHECK FROM TIME TO TIME YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION TO ASCERTAIN WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE BEEN RECOMMENDED FOR ADMISSION. THIS CHECKING IS ADVISED TO START THREE WEEKS AFTER FRIDAY, APRIL 12, 2019.
KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING DEADLINES AND ADHERE TO THEM STRICTLY
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THE SALE OF E-VOUCHERS BY THE BANKS IS FRIDAY, MAY 31, 2019.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF THE ON-LINE APPLICATION FOR ALL PROGRAMMES IS FRIDAY, MAY 31, 2019.