UG Home |
You are here:
- Does the University have any system of informing unsuccessful applicants?
- Why does it take a long time for the University to prosecute students who forge their grades to gain admission?
- Does fee paying guarantee automatic qualification for the University?
- Are the courses offered on the Distance Education Programme the same as those offered on the Main Campus?
- Can one come to the University of Ghana with a transfer from another University in Ghana?
- Once admitted, can a student switch his programme e.g. from BA in Economics to Business Administration?
- Can one buy more than one Scratch Card?
- How are the WASSSCE grades interpreted?
- If a Business Student with two Arts subjects applies to the B.A Programme, how would he/she be considered?
- How long does it take the University to acknowledge receipt of an application online?
- What is the maximum number of subjects one can choose from each of the Subject groupings under the B.A. Programme?
- Is there a brochure to give information necessary to the application process?
- Why is there a difference in the cut off aggregates for males and females?
- Who determines the status of Less Endowed Schools?
- Does one stand the chance of getting admitted to one's second choice programme?
- Does the University have any special concession for disabled students?
- If one enters the University as a fee paying student, can that status (fee-paying) change along the line to regular non fee paying student?
- Is there any age limit for admission to Level 100?
- Does one automatically get into the Medical School after being admitted into the Biological Sciences?
- What happens in the event of a power outage whilst applying on-line?
- Does the University offer B.A. Economics or B. Sc Economics?
- Can a student pursue two programmes at the same time, say a B.A and Sandwich programme concurrently?
- Does the University defer the application of unsuccessful applicants from one year to the following year?
- What fees are paid by fee paying students?
- Is one disadvantaged by the number of times one writes the WASSSCE examinations?
- How does one obtain a Scratch Card?
- Is B.A Computer Science the same as B.Sc Computer Science?
- How will those in remote places without internet services apply for admission?
- Does the University offer B.A Administration or B. Sc Administration?
- What are the subject requirements for the Nursing programme?
- Why is it that the University offers applicants courses that they did not opt for?
- Can a student read Law at the undergraduate level?
- Can a candidate with aggregate 12 but E in English gain admission?
- How does the University compute the results of students with multiple result slips?
- Can Business students from the Senior High School apply to do B.A?
- Can Ghanaians with foreign background without core science apply for admission?
- Why is it that when you submit your application on the net, the aggregate given seem different from what you think?
- Why are some candidates not offered the exact course they selected on their applications?
- Are there any disparities between fees paid at the Main Campus and on the City Campus?
- How many times can one re-sit the remedial exams at the Senior High School level?
- If someone pursues B.Sc Engineering in Legon, can the person continue to pursue his masters outside the country in same field?
Does fee paying guarantee automatic qualification for the University?
No! The UG has a quota each year for foreign students. The unused portion of this quota is offered to Ghanaian applicants who qualify but may not make the cu-off aggregates for their programme choices. A cut off even under this category may become necessary depending on the quota, number of applicants and their qualifications.
Can one buy more than one Scratch Card?
If one wishes to apply to different programmes, one could buy more than one card to boost one's chances. E.g. one could choose both the Main and City Campuses by buying two cards.
||C4, C5, C6
What happens in the event of a power outage whilst applying on-line?
If one is unable to submit one's application for any particular reason, one can always go back to process the application afresh. One can make changes at any time between now and the deadline which is the 31st March. One must however keep the details on the scratch card. A submitted application would be acknowledged by the University. Applicants can print out their completed forms and acknowledgement for their records.
How does one obtain a Scratch Card?
One can purchase the scratch card at any of the places advertised including Ecobank, Ghana Commercial Bank, Unibank, H.F.C and at all the Workers' Colleges.
Diploma and Mature Student Admissions
- Please throw more light on Mature Students Admission.
- What do Diploma holders need in order to pursue a degree at the University of Ghana?
- Can a Diploma student change his area of study upon gaining admission to the University?
- Can someone with WAEC 'O' or 'A'-Level apply to the University?
- Does the University accept A.C.C.A. certificates?
- Do Teachers Certificate 'A' holders qualify to write the Diploma exams?
- Who qualifies to come to the University as a mature student?
- Who qualifies to write the Diploma examinations?
- Does the University of Ghana consider professional certificates when offering admissions?
- Does the University consider HND as admission requirement?
- What is the duration for the Diploma Programme?
- Can one apply for admission whilst still awaiting the release of NOV/DEC results?
Please throw more light on Mature Students Admission.
To apply as a mature student, applicant should be at least 30 years old, and should in addition pass an entrance examination usually conducted in October. For further information on this interested applicants should contact the Resident Tutor at the Accra Workers College.
Post Graduate Admissions
- How can fresh graduates from the University apply to graduate school considering the fact that they have not yet officially graduated and the deadline for application is just at the corner?
- Please expatiate on the requirements for graduate school.
- Can one do the Masters programme on part-time basis?
- If you apply for admission to graduate school on-line, what happens to the supporting documents that the University demands?
- What are the full fees for graduate programmes like MBA?
- Can graduate applicants submit reference from their employers?
- What are the criteria for qualification to do MBA?
- Is National Service a prerequisite to graduate admission?
- Is it the same kind of research proposal written at the undergraduate level which is demanded when applying for graduate programme?
- How can one attach the required documents when applying on-line for graduate admission?
Please expatiate on the requirements for graduate school.
A good first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower. Some programmes may require some years of work experience. You may contact the School of Research and Graduate Studies or the Department/Faculty of interest for further information.
Can one do the Masters programme on part-time basis?
Apart from the PHD Programmes all other programmes are on full-time basis only. The M.A programme is one year full time programme. One can ask for an extension for up to one more year. The M.Phil is a two year full time programme but one can also ask for extension and the PHD is a three year full time programme or a five year part-time programme. One can however ask for extension up to two more years.
Please ensure that before you start your application on-line, you make time to read the instructions provided very carefully. Also ensure that all information supplied is correct i.e. Contact phone numbers, postal addresses, email addresses, examination details, etc.